The ones where you would read a few pages, then choose what page to turn to next. Based on your choice, you could take the story in different directions. I never liked the way those ended. I would try different combinations and end up unsatisfied with all of them.
Do you ever wish life was A Choose Your Own Adventure book?
Don’t like where this life is headed? Pick a different path. Seems simple. Real life is never that simple. You set off down one path, to find yourself headed in a direction you never dreamed you’d go. How do you know which path to take? How do you know when you are going the right way?
I want to slow it all down and take time to choose my own adventure. How do you do that? Here are a few ideas:
- Be grateful. Write it down. Make it real.
- Be present. Really listen. Pay attention to the people around you.
- Be deliberate. Only do the things you really want to do.
- Say “yes” to things that add value to your life.
- Say “no” to the things that make you feel stressed.
Choose Your Own Adventure.
What adds value to your life? When I take time out to walk in nature, it adds value to my life every time. Hiking and walking in new places is an adventure for me. I love to discover new places and neighborhoods. Combine that with a dear friend or two, and that is my happy place for sure.
How about you?