a person just starting to learn a skill or take part in an activity.synonyms: novice, newcomer,fledgling,neophyte,starter,learner,student,apprentice
It’s hard to feel like you don’t know what you are doing. You know you want to make changes in your life, but you don’t know how. It feels silly to be trying to figure all this out . But changes need to be made. Your voice needs to be heard. I’m struggling with being a beginner. I don’t know how to write a blog. I am drawn to making Just Enough Room. To clear the unnecessary from my life as I focus on what is important. I don’t know what it is you need to do, but I know that you do. So, let’s get going!
How to Be a Beginner
- Get over yourself. Everyone is a beginner at some point.
- Be open to new possibilities. This is where the excitement of learning new things comes in.
- Be okay with screwing up. It’s true. You learn more when you make mistakes. Mistakes are part of the process. It’s okay to be messy.
- Find time to play. You don’t have to be perfect. You won’t be. Don’t even try. Just play and let what ever happens happen. Life is good like that. The best parts will often be the messiest.
- Keep going. You eventually will learn something valuable and new. The joy is often in the journey.
Make A Little SpaceGive yourself just enough room to be a beginner. I struggle to do this. I can’t seem to make the time. My family keeps me busy. I’m too tired, too sick, too… So many excuses. Now is not the time for excuses. It is time for me to be a beginner. To be fine with failure. But what gifts are in store? Life IS good like that!
What is it that you have always wanted to try? Is now the time? Can you give yourself permission to play? I’d love to hear about it.